With a special overnight transfer organized by Fondazione FS, the two DMUs ALn 40 001 and 004 were transferred to the Torino Smistamento plant.
The news comes directly from the website of Fondazione FS.
The current owner, Gruppo Torinese Trasporti, with the approval of the Piemonte Region, decided to entrust the two precious historic rolling stock to the Fondazione FS.
Fondazione FS is the only subject able to take care of the restoration and the complete functional recovery of these two DMUs, after a long period of neglect.
Built in 1936 by FIAT for services of particular value, these elegant railcars have 40 seats and a small kitchen for food service on board.
Once the restoration work is completed, Fondazione FS is going to use the beautiful “littorine” for tourist services in the most suggestive railway lines of the Piemonte Region.
Foto Fondazione FS